Here are 7 reasons given by a telecom professional as to why wireless rules:
- Offers a robust prepaid variant as against primarily postpaid plans in fixed lines.
- Mobiles present a much wider choice of tariff plans to suit everyone’s needs.
- Unlike the plaid old telephones, mobiles are gadgets equipped with many utilities like distinctive ring tones, organizers, cameras, FM radio, blue-tooth and so on.
- Wireless allows a host of value-added services such as SMS, MMS and caller tunes, which are rather uncommon in fixed lines.
- Roaming in wireless lets the user simply carry his phone with him to any service area. There is fixed line equivalent for this.
- As against the tedious process of shifting of fixed lines, mobile users can shift base just by updating a new address with their service providers.
- Mobiles that are already good for data applications are slated to become even more power with 3G ringing in new features and services.