Some of the recent happenings do lend a hand to the feeling that there is a pause in bringing about reforms in the Indian economy.
- Move to cut FDI in courier companies to 49% from the 100%.
- Move to impose an FDI cap in stock exchanges, which are not strategic in any sense. More so, when even Banks can have up to 74% FDI.
- Move to allow states to impose limits on holding of foodgrains and pulses.
- Threats by Chemicals Minister Mr. Ram Vilas Paswan to impose price control on most bulk drugs and pharmaceuticals.
- Move to block Chinese investors from investing in strategic sectors.